Agriculture in the Classroom – Manitoba Inc. will lead in the development and distribution of accurate,
balanced and current information for use as education resources in school curriculum.
Our organization will promote the development of critical thinking skills, related to the businesses of agriculture, food, bioproducts, and life sciences, in all Manitoba students. In co-ordination with commodity and related- industry organizations, AITC-M’s programming, events, and services will further develop future decision-makers and entrepreneurs.
To enhance awareness of agriculture in Manitoba schools;
- To develop an appreciation and awareness of the importance of agriculture,socially and economically;
- To explain the process of food and fibre production from farm to consumer;
- To promote interest in agriculture;
- To provide a supporting role to Manitoba Education, Youth and Citizenship in the linkage of accurate agriculture resources to existing course curriculum;
- To develop resource and programs with the guidance and expertise from agriculture and education communities.
Download the Word document >>